Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 29, 2013

Sidecar Restaurant

3029 E Main St  
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 653-7433

Sidecar Restaurant has been operating at this location for the last decade, 

but unfortunately they'll be closing in a few weeks.
I'm just bummed I didn't come here often. A few days agomy friend told me

that they offer a whole hog dinner menu.
I told her I was in not knowing what came with the menu. 

Whole hog were the magic words I needed to hear. We
decided to come in for lunch instead of dinner. 6 people, 5 courses + dessert 

all for $450. Well worth it. Everything was
ridiculous delicious. Tim (executive chef and owner) came out to explain 

what we were getting with each course.
Unfortunately, none of us really paid attention because we were all

excited to eat. 
Easily, one of the best meals I've had.




My refreshments: water, arnold palmer and pinot noir

Starter: 2 big pieces of chicharron. I loved how they served it like that instead of in  small pieces. That sweet/spicy sauce was killer

 crispy pig ear lettuce wraps with a sweet asian glaze, pickled red onion, cabbage, cilantro and a hint of siracha

kale salad with apple, pig liver (I couldn't handle it), and radish


All I know about the bottom part is that it's a pig dish. Also with collard greens and sunny side up egg

look at that ooey goodness. This was my favorite dish

The last course before dessert. A whole pig. Those are veggies around it

You did good pig, you did good.

French toast with whip cream, lemon curd and topped with bacon


No comments: