Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 8, 2013

Barrel 33


1067 E Thompson Blvd
Ventura, CA 93001
Phone:(805) 652-181
www.barrel33.com

In my early 20s, this place used to be called Wine Lovers. Alena and I spent most of our nights there since we happened to be friends with the bartender. We loved WL and were sad to hear that it closed. A few weeks ago I heard something about it being open, but no longer as WL. We decided to give it a shot.
Nothing much has changed, the outside seating area is still the same. They did add some curtains and a chandelier, but aside from that the furniture was the same. The only real difference is that now they serve food and more beer. Wine Lovers only served cheese plates.
We just might make this our new hangout.

We're going to try this special the next time we visit

Brie with strawberries, blueberries and apple. I wish I didn't have to share

House salad. Not sure what type of dressing they used, but it was delicious

Olives. Too salty. I only had 3. We didn't even finish it and there was 4 of us

Caprese salad. As soon as this was served, I said "WTF is that" The mozzarella  was way hard  and that mess on the side was out of place. Who puts greens with caprese salad. This place went there

No comments: