Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Local Cafe

www.thelocalcafeventura.com
1751 East Main Street
Ventura, CA 93001-3410


Finally got to try TLC.
As it's name suggests, The Local Cafe focuses on seasonal, mostly organic, and local produce.
The owner of TLC (Tim Kilcoyne) also owns and is the executive chef of Sidecar restaurant just a few blocks from TLC. He also happens to be my friend's fiance. Dude is winning.
What a great first visit. The service was great (i'd like to think it wasn't just because they knew us) and the food was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I'm not even being bias. We actually stayed longer than usual because i wanted to finish what I ordered
I'm definitely trying a pizza on my next visit. I'm excited to see how different it'll taste since they use a wood fire oven





they've only been open for a few months. permanent sign to come soon




brunch menu. price friendly considering they use mostly organic ingredients



basket of biscuits with house made spread (strawberry). The first bite was something else. I couldn't stop staring at the damn thing. Hands down the best biscuits i've ever had



strawberry spread



soup of the day: brocolli



Cat's: classic eggs benedict



Mine: fried tomato benedict with spicy hollandaise. Ridiculous good. I would have preferred for the eggs to be more over easy



breakfast fries (instead of french fries)



My friends and I will definitely be making this place our new hangout. Well done Tim & Lisa

No comments: